It was my honor to address the attendees of the Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Institute at their annual Executive Leadership Conference. My goal was to help attendees visualize new opportunities for their products and services – to consider themselves and their business as ecommerce solutions providers.
At the conference, I talked about a few ways to visualize the way the packaging manufacturing business can optimize their models by managing their service parts network with a trusted partner. Here’s a highlight of some of the examples to consider:
3D Printing Access is Within Reach of Almost All
- Fast Radius/UPS 3D printing services accommodating decentralized 3D printing capabilities for manufacturers and distributors. UPS has created a 3D printing service bureau capable of handling larger industrial strength orders at the UPS Supply Chain Solutions facility in Louisville. In partnership with 3D manufacturer Fast Radius, UPS can print and ship orders overnight, depending on the size and production run.
- Need to print functional prototypes or one-of-a-kind items? Let The UPS Store® bring your ideas to life by:
- Constructing manufacturing jigs and fixtures
- Creating custom accessories
- Building architectural models
Ease of Receiving Shipments
The ability to instruct a transportation carrier for delivery point instructions (i.e. release location), Alternate Delivery Locations (ADL) at retail locations like The UPS Store, delivery intercept/change of address via UPS My Choice, Access Point Lockers, other Authorized Shipping Outlets (ASOs) make shipping more flexible.
Returning an Item is No Longer Costly and Cumbersome
Trusted partners make it as easy as possible to exchange or return purchases. Take for example:
- Labeling – prepaid reversible return label (duel-sided print); prepaid labels inserted into packaging; ease of obtaining return merchandise authorization (RMA), return authorization (RA) or return goods authorization (RGA) is a part of the process of returning a product in order to receive a refund, replacement, or repair during the product’s warranty period.
- Ease of access to transportation carrier companies – drop at shipping counters, carrier retail access points (i.e. The UPS Store and FedEx Office), other retail access channels (i.e. Office Depot, Staples, Office Max, ASOs, etc.), or even the ability to meet transportation service provider on area.
I want to thank Tom Eagan and his PMMI team for putting on a tremendous event. It was fascinating to listen to the other speakers. I thank the attendees for their attention and camaraderie.
My team at 3SIXTY Management Services would be delighted to help attendees generate sustainable results for your business. Our advisors, trainers and consultants will work with you to immediately gain value from our Balanced Leadership™ Model, an approach designed to enhance your momentum. As a measure of my appreciation and thanks, I would like to extend a 10% discount on training and consulting services to PMMI members. Contact us today!