In This Issue
- Leadership Training – A Strategic Investment
- Keynote speaking: Thoughts from the most recent events and upcoming events.
- New podcasts: With over 100 podcast, live radio, internet radio and TV interviews during the past, Rocky is one of the most sought-after Keynote Speakers, and a great guest. His recent interviews with Brad Dalius of Motivators in Motion, and Raise Your Frequency with Lisa Capri can be found in the PODCAST LIBRARY on the 3SIXTYMANAGEMENTSERVICES web site.
- Coaches Corner: Wisdom from some of the greatest coaches.
- The Video Library: This is a great place to start your research.
- Tighten The Lugnuts: A game-changing book that continues to receive 5-Star reviews.
- Free Assessment: Our business assessment is an objective look at your business, designed to provide you with a clear picture of: Where your business is today; What will help you get to where you want to be tomorrow; What might hinder or impede your progress, and; What specific actions can be taken to address all these issues.
Main Story: Leadership Training – A Strategic Investment
Leadership Training – A Strategic Investment
The goal of Leadership Training is to learn how to motivate and develop your team to optimize outcomes. Utilizing a Balanced Leadership approach can make that happen. The context of our training program includes a road map in five key areas. In this segment we will explore the first of these key areas.
Key Area One – Why Values Matter
Leadership is not a passive duty, it is an active responsibility. The objective of “Why Values Matter” training offered by 3SIXTY is to recognize how leaders demonstrate their values and set the tone from the top. This training will explore how to provide your team members with the leadership they need to successfully reach their desired goals in concert with your work groups and organization’s goals. There are five important concepts to consider:
– Highly effective leaders must have balance when considering their business. Learning how to inspire your team to take this to heart through the Balanced Leadership™ model helps leaders identify who you are, what you stand for individually and as a business, and what you will never compromise.
– Creating a strong value system is a key part of your culture and must be connected to your mission and vision – from recruiting, through onboarding and annual performance reviews. We’ll examine the tools that leaders need to guide actions and decisions that are consistent with what your people, customers and investors believe to be your strategy.
– Setting clear expectations for your leadership team is a strategic imperative when it comes to ensuring alignment with your values. Dive into the process of setting Leadership Expectations as an essential accountability tool.
– Many factors place pressure on individuals within your organization. Sometimes with pressure comes pain, which can motivate people to do some desperate things. We’ll explore the consequences of poor decision making.
– Bringing your values to life helps institutionalize them. It is a process that includes modelling what “Exceptional Leadership Looks Like” and ensuring leadership consistently communicates expectations throughout your organization.
In upcoming newsletters we will cover more of the concepts that form an integral part of a Balanced Leadership approach:
* Why Values Matter
* Handling Difficult Conversations
* Being Obsessed with the Front-line
* Succession Planning
* High Performance Selling
And much more. Stay tuned.
I am very interested and am sure you have your own thoughts that you would like to share. Please email me with your ideas about any of the items above at [email protected].
Call today and schedule your free training assessment: 610-322-0720.
Special Gift For Responders
As a thank you, the email addresses of those who respond will be entered in a drawing to receive a free signed paperback copy of Tighten the Lug Nuts – The Principles of Balanced Leadership. Three names will be drawn and I will contact the winners via email.
Keynote Speaker: Emerge Insight Tour, The Peninsula Hotel, Chicago. Ill., July 26, 2019.
Our topic and conversation centered on the following:
Making Informed Operational Decisions with your Three Key Constituents in Mind Through Balanced Leadership.
As one of the architects of UPS’s entry into supply chain and logistics, we spoke about how senior-level leaders of logistics and supply chain management can create a performance-driven organization that operates more efficiently and effectively by applying the principles of Balanced Leadership. Operational leaders can help people at all levels of an organization see the bigger picture and promote moral and ethical behavior through their leadership examples. The Balanced Leadership approach takes into consideration three key constituents – customers, people and shareholders – who must always be represented in the decision-making process.
A comprehensive supply chain, utilized properly, can be a strategic and competitive advantage. In today’s competitive environment it is being taxed by multiple internal and external factors on a daily, hourly and sometimes minuteby-minute basis. As a leader, it is critical that your decisions are timely and informed decisions that will have a positive impact on your customers, employees, stakeholders, vendors, and the organization as a whole. Approaching your role with the understanding that your people are your greatest asset and will differentiate your company from the competition in today’s highly competitive business environment will be an essential ingredient to your success. You will understand the value of having the best, the brightest , most informed and best educated people in the industry as part of your team.
A balanced leader with a high level of emotional intelligence requires another level of skill that goes beyond education, job experience, and technical knowhow. Active listening, building strong relationships and taking responsibility all contribute to what it takes to be a successful operational leader in today’s everchanging business environment. With a complete, robust and articulated vision, strategy, training and communications plan, you will accomplish your goals and objectives though walking the talk and your daily actions.
New Podcast: Motivators in Motion with Brad Dalius
How to Think Like a Leader in Business and Life: I was recently interviewed by Brad Dalius of Motivators in Motion. We discussed why it’s important that we don’t stop at the first right answer, why we should look outside the box for sustainable solutions, and why we need to learn to “tighten the lug nuts.”
New Podcast: Raise Your Frequency with Lisa Capri
In this podcast we discussed the Timeless Principles of Leadership. Whether you are a small business owner or the head of a large corporation, there is some valuable advice for you here.
Your Next Conference, Your Next Motivational Speaker, Your Next Topic
To achieve success, you will need to embrace the Balanced Leadership philosophy along with the goals and objectives through walking the talk and your daily actions. Your success will be measured by the degree to which everyone in your organization at every level begins to understand, embrace, emulate, and execute the vision and strategy.
Coach’s Corner – Exclusive never-seen before interview with UCLA Coach John Wooden
In every newsletter I include a quote from UCLA Coach John Wooden, whom I had the great pleasure to interview while I was a leader at UPS. Coach often said, “Control yourself so others won’t have to do it for you.” Click below to view the full interview.
If you play a coaching role (and we all do), please look at the unique and exclusive interview with legendary Coach John Wooden on our website. Coach Wooden was a supporter of the Jimmy V Foundation and in memory of Coach Valvano, who passed away, April 28, 1993, we are remembering Coach Valvano and his fight by donating one dollar to the Jimmy V Fund to find the cure for each copy of Tighten The Lug Nuts sold.
Coach Valvano is remembered for being many things: a player, a coach, a broadcaster, a brother, husband and a father. But above all he was an inspiration. And when he was diagnosed with cancer at 46, he never gave up. Thank you in advance for your generous support and enjoy the book.
The Video Library is Here (And, You Don’t Need a Library Card)
Time is of the essence for all of us. We are overloaded with information – so much so that we simply cannot digest it all. For this reason, I am very excited to announce our new video library.
Here you can explore important concepts in mere minutes. Short on ideas for your next meeting? There are loads of ideas here. Need a quick video for your next gathering? Looking for a keynote speaker or advisor? You might find just what you are looking for here. New videos are added regularly, so be sure to
check back soon.
Take a moment and check out our new commercial for Tighten The Lug Nuts entitled Become A Better Leader.
What Others Are Saying . . .
“Thank you very much for the leadership training you provided to our Sea Cadets.”
“Providing leadership opportunities and practical experience is core to our program. Your perspective gave our young people insights within the business community that we generally do not offer. A balanced exposure is necessary to help from a well rounded leader.”
“Thank you again for your support of our program.”
CWO2 David R. Sheets, NSCC, Commanding Officer, John T. Dempster, Jr. Division, United States Noval sea Cadet Corps
“Rocky is an authentic speaker whit great passion and enthusiasm. Whit over 40 years of “boots-on-the-ground” leadership experience, he created excitement through his energy, passion and knowledge. He connected whit our audience, regardless of size, whether in our Emerging Leaders group and breakout sessions over two days. In his one-to-one conversational style, he painted a picture through hos unique storytelling and worked hard to understand our groups and business.”
Adam Bjerke, Anchor Paper Company, Board Member of Emerging Executives at Afflink
Even Google likes us. We are ranked at #5 for Motivational Keynote
Speaker 2019, #6 for 2019 Motivational Keynote Speakers and #5 for Best
2019 Motivational Keynote Speakers.
TIGHTEN THE LUG NUTS The Principles of Balanced Leadership 5 – star Amazon rating
Each and every day we face choices.
It’s how we make those choices that determines the kind of leader we can be. In Tighten the Lug Nuts: The Principles of Balanced Leadership, Rocky Romanella uses his over forty years of experience in supply chain, logistics and transportation, retail, sales and operational management at UPS, and his CEO and Director roles, to explore the ways a true leader can add value as a trusted advisor, mentor, and visionary who uses a process approach to lead the organization and its people to new levels of success.
In an engaging, personal, and witty style, Rocky Romanella details how leaders must make their three major constituents equal priority by actively listening to their needs and building strong relationships. By following the steps Romanella lays out, you can truly learn the importance of Balanced Leadership.
Help your team become more effective and take on bigger and more significan challenges. The 3SIXTY business leadership training team brings decades of experience in our partnership with you to tailor comprehensive leadership development curriculum for your team members and train them on skills that will transform your organization.