In our recent newsletters we have spoken about:
- THE REMARKABLE POWER OF LEADERSHIP
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS THAT WILL BE THE KEY DRIVER OF SUCCESS COMING OUT
OF THE PANDEMIC
- GREAT LEADERSHIP IS SETTING THE TONE FROM THE TOP
- THE ROLE OF THE RESILIENT LEADER IN TIMES OF CRISIS
- A CALL TO ACTION FOR A RAPID REBUILD IN 2021
- THE 100 DAY PLAN
- TIME TO PUMP THE LIFE BLOOD INTO OUR ORGANIZATION : REVENUE
- THE IMPORTANCE OF THE BALANCED SCORECARD IN MEASURING SUCCESS.
For additional information on these critical topics for success visit our newsletter section at
In this edition, as you prepare to emerge from the pandemic, I would like to discuss two critical
factors for success:
▪ The leadership Competencies and Skills of your team
▪ The Organizational Agility of your team post pandemic
The Leadership Competencies and Skills of your team
1. A good way of assessing and visualizing your team’s leadership competency is by building a
competency profile that you can use by individual to assess their strengths, weaknesses, and
opportunities for growth.
In its simplest form, think of it as:
• What is the issue/opportunity and skills that must be addressed? (Developing vision and
purpose) for both the person and the organization.
• How will I get my team aligned and committed? (Gaining organizational commitment)
• How do I turn intent into business results? (Achievement)
• The competency profile describes the “right stuff” the leader must have to get the job done.
2. Competency Profiling and Leadership Behaviors
Competencies are characteristic behaviors associated with strong and effective performance in
organizational roles. They are actual, delivered behaviors. When such behaviors are delivered,
they result in good organizational outcomes. They are also the behaviors that distinguish
superior performance from threshold performance.
3. A leadership competency profile should be anchored to the key organizational
opportunities and challenges. Competencies are “named” and then defined with a set of
The Organizational Agility of your team post pandemic
In the case of Organizational Agility, the example may be: Our company has several challenges
as it pertains to the current business landscape post pandemic:
1. New technology and especially, disruptive technology is driving the industry to entirely new
platforms for both products and service and we were not strong in e-commerce.
2. Competitors with new and better products are eating into our market share by as much as
25% per year.
3. Cost of sales are rising.
4. Talent defection is becoming a serious issue post pandemic.
5. A climate survey has revealed deteriorating morale across the company.
6. Customer complaints had doubled within a space of nine months.
1. Sitting on a substantial cash reserve due to the measure we took
2. High recurring revenue from a broad-based customer portfolio
3. Brand strength — high
4. Fixed costs — lowest in the industry
5. Strong dealer network
For more on these critical topics in preparation for your successful emergence post pandemic
Pick up a copy of Tighten The Lug Nuts where many of these thoughts and concepts are
built out further, https://tightenthelugnuts.com/.
“There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs. It is the hard work we do
today that will get us through tomorrow. “
Visit the Leadership Library at https://www.3sixtymanagementservices.com/rockys-podcast/.
VISIT OUR INFORMATION LIBRARY:
View all of our Keynote Speaking videos here, or watch a short sample from the library here.
Watch a video on our consulting services here.
Rocky was recently interviewed by a British TV outlet, BV-TV, for the Achiever Leader Show. You can view that video at the homepage at 3SixtyManagementServices.com.
Much more is available at these links:
Virtual Keynotes – https://www.3sixtymanagementservices.com/motivational-speaker/
Virtual Meetings – https://www.3sixtymanagementservices.com/
Virtual Training – https://www.3sixtymanagementservices.com/training/
Traditional Consulting – https://www.3sixtymanagementservices.com/consulting/
Podcast Library – https://www.3sixtymanagementservices.com/rockys-podcast/
Video Library – https://www.3sixtymanagementservices.com/youtube-videos/
Our Book, Tighten The Lug Nuts: The Principles of Balanced Leadership – https://tightenthelugnuts.com/
List of 23 Leadership Competencies – https://www.3sixtymanagementservices.com/
Coaches Corner – https://www.3sixtymanagementservices.com/category/leadership-training/
Rocky has gone virtual!
Contact Rocky today to lead your strategy sessions, rapid rebuild plans and communications with your teams. He is available virtually today and live in the not-too-distant future.
Contact Rocky for details at [email protected], and or 610-322-0720 to schedule your session.
EMAIL ROCKY TODAY
For additional information visit our website: